Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mid-Term Relief

For this week I have posted another student profile, hopefully it will give you all a nice little study break and help clear your heads from the holiday. Also the GDBA/GCBA student association is working on its first meet and greet event and they would like to know what day of the week works best, so please answer the poll in the right column. Finally I would like to present to you this week’s student profile on Rabia.

Rabia Khan

As with most students in this program, I have come from a different educational and ethnic background. Originally from Pakistan, I arrived in Montreal in 2002 to begin an undergraduate degree in Human Genetics. Despite my love for Science, business and economics have always fascinated me. After completing a B.Sc in Biology and Economics, I continued onto a PhD in Human Genetics. I joined the GDBA/GCBA program because it was an excellent opportunity to help build on my business background. After completing my PhD I hope to enter the health care consulting profession and return to Pakistan to work in healthcare management of infectious diseases such as Tuberculosis, Polio and Malaria.

Aside from science, I have a love for food. I greatly enjoy cooking and trying new restaurants and recipes. Living in Montreal has been a great opportunity to experience new culinary delights.
Throughout out my undergraduate and graduate education, I have been involved in various extracurricular activities. This year I am working with the executive committee and hope to establish a student organization for the GDBA/GCBA program.

If you have any restaurant suggestions please come by and talk to me or email me at: rabia.t.khan@gmail.com




Until next time

Your friendly blogger,

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment